Golf Course Policies and Procedures at this time
Golfers will not be permitted on the property until 25 minutes prior to their tee time.
1. Golfers who have recently returned from abroad must quarantine for 14 days prior to entering Mountain Woods Golf Club property. As ruled by the Federal Government of Canada.
2. Everyone must maintain social distancing. The recommended minimum distance is 6 feet or 2 meters.
3. Tee times are to be booked online or over the phone with payment. No Refunds. however, rain checks will be issued in the case of rain or course closure.
4. All player names MUST be provided at least the day before play. If your name is not on the list, you will not be granted access to the facility. If you need to change names in your group, please call the golf shop at 506-858-1611 ext 1.
5. A maximum of 10 customers will be permitted in the golf shop, located upstairs in the main dining room at a time. Plexiglass has been installed to help protect our staff and guests.
6. Rental Power carts will be permitted on a single rider basis. Players who reside in the same house will be expected to share a power cart.
7. Rental Push Carts will be available.
8. We will not be providing club or pushcart storage at this time.
9. Rental clubs will not be available.
10. The driving range once opened, will require a reservation and only those members and guests who have a reserved time will be permitted on the property. (no spectators) There will be balls out for your use, no baskets will be used. We will reserve times on the driving range every hour. Players will be allocated a maximum of 45 minutes to hit balls at which point a staff member will ask everyone to pack up and leave the property or check-in for their round of golf with the starter. Staff will use the remaining 15 minutes to sterilize the practice balls in each station prior to the next group arriving for their 45 minutes of practice. Please do not arrive at the practice area more than 5 minutes prior to your reservation.
11. Mountain Woods Golf Club will be operating with 12 minute tee times intervals.
12. All players will be required to check into the professional shop located upstairs in the main dining room. The entrance to the main dining room is found on the left side of the clubhouse and will be clearly marked.
13. The washrooms upstairs off the main dining room will be open and only one member or guest will be provided access at a time. We will not have any washrooms available on the course.
14. All staff including on-course player assistants or ambassadors will ensure all golfers are adhering to the policies set above.
15. There will be no rakes in the bunkers, no ball wash machines, no sand/ seedboxes, and pool noodles will be installed in the holes to prevent the golf ball from getting down to the bottom of the hole. The flagstick must not be touched.
16. The snack bar will be open, but with limited hours and selection. There is no beverage cart to start the season.
17. No tailgating in the parking lot before or after your round. All members and guests will be required to pack up and leave the property in a timely manner.
18. No Backpacks, coolers, or personal alcohol will be permitted on the golf course. Anyone wishing to bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages may do so however staff will be required to inspect your bag.
19. All vendors and delivery drivers are encouraged to wear masks for the safety of all players and staff.
20. The practice putting and chipping green will be open and available to the players who are "on deck" next on the first tee. All other members and guests will be asked to stay away until they are "on deck".
21. We ask parents of junior players to ensure that at least one adult is playing with any junior players under the age of 16.
Maintenance Blog May 2020
I can’t say that I have ever been in a situation, in the golf industry, where at one point only a few weeks ago, I truly had no idea if the golf season was a go or not. The covid reality we are living in, has certainly changed the way we do things, in almost every aspect of our lives, and change is something we all have to embrace if we want to get back to some level of normal. That being said, there are changes to the way the game has to be played, and without any notice this can change for the better, or for the worse, depending on the guidelines that the government expects us to follow. My message to everyone is to be smart, and be safe!!!!
Due to the covid virus, things have changed in the way the maintenance department operates each day. We are constantly disinfecting and sanitizing equipment, while always trying to avoid contamination, and social distancing has become the norm for each day. Staff may not move from one piece of equipment to the other without sanitizing, and disinfecting. We are doing our part, so please do yours!!!
On a positive note, the course has overwintered better than it has in years. We do have damaged greens, but there are no total right-offs as seen in past seasons. A small portion of the damage we received was from ice, and this will take longer to recover, but we also have a lot of tissue damage, that has already started to come back on its own. Often the turf we are losing is an inferior native grass called Poa annua, which gives us an opportunity to over-seed different varieties of a superior grass called bent-grass, which winters far better. We are going to be temping, and tarping the thinnest greens for the first part of May, and these greens have been pushed hard already. The biggest issue we have to date is the cold and dry weather, that has stunted most of our recovery efforts. Just need some heat and a good warm rain, and conditions will change rapidly. Fairways and tees have made it through the winter quite well also, and will bounce back as the weather changes.
Opening day is not that far off, and all we need is a little cooperation from mother nature. It is always our goal to put together the best playing surface we can for you fine folks, with the focus on having the best greens that we can provide. As we move forward in May, I will give you a more detailed report on how things are going, and hopefully some more regulations will be lifted. Covid is not something to be taken lightly, so please be smart, and be safe!!!
#10 Jeffery & Anderson
#1 Currie & Smallwood
#10 Jessome & Foster
#11 Jenkins & Jenkins
#17 Feltmate & Strong
#1 Justason & Berry
#2 Barkhouse & Melanson
#16 Pooley & Steeves
#18 Grato & Grato
#5 Pearson & Gee
#7 McCaarthy & Doyle
#10 Doucette & Doucette
#12 Newman & Searles
#13 Ward & Bechervaise
#1 Richard & Cahill
#6 Woodford & Layden
#8 Jeffery & Anderson
#16 BAbin & Boudreau
#6 Bursey/ McAulay
#8 Currie & Smallwood
#12 Hale & Guimond
#14 Jenkins & Jenkins
#3 Sharrad & Simmonds
#2 MacLAuchlan & MacLauchlan
#5/ #6 Lapointe & Boudreau
#1 Roy & Percey
#4 & #6 Doucette & Arsenault
#9 & #10 Henri & Churchill
#15 Newman & Searles
#16 Ward & Bechervaise
Roger Burns Tournament 2019
|1||Stuart Musgrave||Country Meadows||Bryan Nugent||Moncton Golf||121|
|1||Jaime Sweet||Ashburn Golf Club||Mike Binan||Ashburn Golf Club||126|
|2||Drew Mccafferty||Moncton Golf||Jason Richard||Moncton Golf||129|
|3||Matt Layden||Moncton Golf||Nick Woodford||Moncton Golf||129|
|4||Jeff Wood||Moncton Golf||Gene Mitton||Public Player||130|
|5||Ryan Adams||Mountain Woods||Steve Connor||Mountain Woods||131|
|6||Mike Mulholland||Grandview||Richard MacKinnon||Gage Golf Club||131|
|7||Scott Black||Oakfield||Chris Hopper||Country Meadows||131|
|8||Glenden Murphy||Mountain Woods||Stacy Paterson||Mountain Woods||133|
|1||Mike Doucette||Mountain Woods||Joel Doucette||Public Player||132|
|2||David Adams||Mountain Woods||Ryan Fullerton||Mountain Woods||132|
|3||Tyler Jenkins||Mountain Woods||Jeff Jenkins||Plaster Rock||133|
|4||Dave Biron||Mountain Woods||Scott Robart||Westfield||134|
|5||Don Walker||St Stephen||Richard Brown||St Stephen||135|
|6||Brian Donovan||Moncton Golf||Ken McMackin||Moncton Golf||136|
|7||Marty Lepage||Kingswood||Patrick Rossignol||NB Public||136|
|8||Troy Letourneau||Maplewood||Stephan Grant||Maplewood||137|
|1||Phillip Gorveatt||Stanhope||Danny Peacock||Stanhope||135|
|2||Allen Gratto||West Hills||Brian Gratto||Abercrombie||138|
|3||Marc Rossignol||Granite Spring Golf Club||Guy Rossignol||Fredericton||139|
|4||John Morrison||Bell Bay||Larry Tower||Moncton Golf||142|
|5||Dan Pooley||Mountain Woods||Bob Steeves||Country Meadows||143|
|6||Larry Justason||St Stephen||Blaine Barry||St Stephen||145|
|7||Don Burton||Brightwood||Pat Doherty||Brightwood||146|
|8||Dan Goguen||Mountain Woods||Steve Pauley||Mountain Woods||146|
|1||Robert Newman||Herring Cove||Roy Searles||Herring Cove||142|
|2||Mike Lovegrove||Mountain Woods||Brian McGlinchey||Mountain Woods||143|
|3||Ryan Doucette||Public Player NB||Alex Arsenault||Petticodiac||144|
|4||Bernie McCarthy||Mountain Woods||Allan Doyle||Mountain Woods||145|
|5||Steve Roy||Mountain Golf||Ross Percy||Mountain Golf||145|
|6||Steve Ward||Mountain Woods||Al Bechervaise||Mountain Woods||146|
|7||James Pearson||Plaster Rock||Jon Gee||Plaster Rock||149|
|8||Brad Seo||Mountain Woods||Byung Lee||Mountain Woods||149|
|Canadian PGA Division|
|1||Tim McCullum||Taylor Made||Brett Wilson||Fredericton||121|
|2||Trevor Giggey||Fox Meadow||Nick Peters||Rustico||125|
|3||Marc Robichaud||Moncton Golf Club||Jean Mainville||Moncton Golf Club||127|
|4||Jarrod Romyn||Ashburn||Josh Landine||Ashburn||129|
|5||Jim Olgilvie||Hartlen Point||Gord Smith||Ashburn||131|
|6||Cody Scott||Ashburn||Ryan Craige||Ashburn||132|
|7||Thomas Keddy||Maplewwood||Garett Keddy||PGA of Canada||133|
|T-8||Jake Ward||Kingswood||Nathan Harvey||Mactaquack||134|
|T-8||Bradley Jenkins||Mountain Woods||Gareth Lewis||Junction Driving Range||134|
Congratulations to all of our participants!
|MIXED CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SEPTEMBER 15 2019|
|Claude Cormier||Ellies Coady||71|
|Gordon Hopkins||Carole Lemoine||75|
|Bernie McCarthy||Carol Ann McCarthy||66.75|
|Closest to the Pin #2 (ladies)||Wendy Pooley|
|Closest to the Pin #9 (men)||Bernie McCarthy|
|2019 Mountain Woods Golf Club, Club Championship|
|Saturday August 17 & Sunday August 18, 2019|
|Junior Club Championship|
|Champion||Brock Sinclair||159||3rd playoff hole|
|1st gross||Luke Patterson||159 ®|
|1st net||Jack Martin||139|
|2nd gross||Nash Smith||171 ®|
|2nd net||Cameron White||145|
|1st gross||Kaleb Thomas||171|
|1st net||Chad Bursey||138|
|2nd gross||Zack Wheeler||188|
|2nd net||Ryan Bursey||150|
|Ladies Club Championship|
|Champion||Danielle Bursey||178||1st playoff hole|
|1st gross||Wendy Pooley||178|
|1st net||Carol Lemoine||148|
|Senior Men's Club Championship|
|1st gross||Mike Doucette||155|
|1st net||Guy McIsaac||139|
|2nd gross||Benoit Allard||156|
|2nd net||Ken McPhee||143|
|3rd gross||Tom Adams||160|
|3rd net||Bernie McCarthy||144|
|1st gross||Mike Whittaker||166|
|1st net||Rick Thompson||136|
|2nd gross||Vince Irvine||170|
|2nd net||Allan Doyle||142 ®|
|3rd gross||Brian McGlinchey||174|
|3rd net||Dan Pooley||145|
|Men's Club Champion||Glendon Murphy||149|
|1st gross||Andy Leslie||150 ®|
|1st net||Scott Cale||135|
|2nd gross||Todd Bursey||150|
|2nd net||Robert Steeves||140 ®|
|3rd gross||Darcy Doyle||152 ®|
|3rd net||Dave Adams||140|
|1st gross||Jocelyn Landry||152|
|1st net||Mike Lovegrove||135|
|2nd gross||James McQuade||157|
|2nd net||Steve MacPherson||140|
|3rd gross||Curtis MacFadyen||159|
|3rd net||Bob Chappell||147|
|1st gross||Ricky Van Weston||164|
|1st net||Brad Deware||142 ®|
|2nd gross||Ray Lantz||170|
|2nd net||Jason Schella||142|
|3rd gross||Danny Morash||171|
|3rd net||Peter Schlichter||143|
|2019 Club Championship|
|Sunday August 18th Draw|
|8:50||Martin Van Egmond|
|Moe Norman Leblanc|
|9:10||John Mac Donald|
|11:40||Ricky Van Weston|
|Senior Tour: Fraser Murray Memorial Event|
|Thursday August 15 2019|
|8:30 Shotgun Start|
|Hole 1A||Don Mills||Mountain Woods||Darrell Culligan||Mountain Woods|
|Gordon Locke||Conntry Meadows||Esnor Nicholson||Country Meadows|
|Hole 1B||Ray Belliveau||Maplewood||Phil Boudreau||Maplewood|
|Gerlad Fournier||St Ignace||Fernand Gaudet||ST Ignace|
|Hole 2||Ron Bourque||Maplewood||Glen Hunter||Maplewood|
|Pierre Gallant||Pine Needles||Norm Breau||Pine Needles|
|Hole 3||Frank Melanson||Maplewood||Roland Mainville||Maplewood|
|Tom Boudreau||Hillsborough||Dan Mitton||Hillsborough|
|Hole 4A||Pierre Des Roche||Maplewood||Carter Assels||Maplewood|
|John MacDonald||Mountain Woods||Gary MacPhee||Mountain Woods|
|Hole 4B||Cecil Briggs||Maplewood||Charlie Kelly||Maplewood|
|Mike Fahey||Bouctouche||Danny Pambrun||Bouctouche|
|Hole 5A||Ted LeBlanc||Mountain Woods||Kevin Cormier||Mountain Woods|
|Hinson Ashe||Mountain Woods||Doug Patterson|
|Hole 5B||Rod Smith||Sackville||Vince Estabrooks||Sackville|
|Yvon Melanson||Conntry Meadows||Arthur Melanson||Country Meadows|
|Hole 6||Gord Hopkins||Mountain Woods||Dave Biron||Mountain Woods|
|Mike Henry||Pine Needles||Ron Penston||Pine Needles|
|Hole 7A||Claude Cormier||Mountain Woods||Fred Boddy||Mountain Woods|
|Earl Rossiter||Hillsborough||Jim Rose||Hillsborough|
|Hole 7B||Don Allison||Conntry Meadows||Ron Allison||Conntry Meadows|
|Tracy Black||Hillsborough||David Greenwood||Hillsborough|
|Hole 8||Emile Poirier||St Ignace||Jean-Yves DesRochers||St Ignace|
|Bill Lambert||Moncton||Paul Benton||Moncton|
|Hole 9||Scott Pickles||Lakeside||Brian Lilly||Lakeside|
|Doug Steevens||Hillsborough||Robbie Danger||Hillsborough|
|Hole 10||Ted Cormier||Mountain Woods||Bernie Landry|
|Brad Brinston||Conntry Meadows||Dereck Vey||Conntry Meadows|
|Hole 11||Doug Wortman||Lakeside||Greg Caulfield||Lakeside|
|Arden Beaumont||Hillsborough||Trapper Bob Steeves||Hillsborough|
|Hole 12||John Martin||Al Smith||Lakeside|
|Garth Hale||Lakeside||Bob Gordon||Lakeside|
|Hole 13||Emerson Mills||Moncton||Roger Humphrey||Moncton|
|Mike Aldred||Lakeside||Steve Dickinson||Pine Needles|
|Hole 14A||Allan Doyle||Mountain Woods||Mac MacKenny||Mountain Woods|
|Rick Thompson||Mountain Woods||Bernie McCarthy||Mountain Woods|
|Hole 14B||Clint Hansen||Moncton||Greg Rooney||Moncton|
|Stephen Boorne||Chris Chambers|
|Hole 15||Bill Hanson||Mountain Woods||Ashley Sobey||Mountain Woods|
|Don Thompson||Moncton||Mike Ferris||Moncton|
|Hole 16||John Morgan||Conntry Meadows||John Dailey||Country Meadows|
|Bernie Savoie||Pine Needles||Fred Vautour||Pine Needles|
|Hole 17||Gerald LeBlanc||Bouctouche||Claude Hache||Bouctouche|
|Don Perron||Mountain Woods||Perry Fullum||Mountain Woods|
|Hole 18A||Phil Locke||Conntry Meadows||Reg Legere||Country Meadows|
|Alderic Oulette||Pine Needles||Oscer Oulette||Pine Needles|
|Hole 18B||Joe Melanson||Conntry Meadows||Eric Estey||Country Meadows|
|Allen Smith||Lakeside||Ken Donaher||Lakeside|
Congratulations to our 2019 Junior Invitational Champion Liam Llewellyn!
|1st gross||Nathan Archibald||Moncton||75|
|1st net||Ethan McFadden||Moncton||69|
|2nd gross||Ethan Barter||Country Meadows||76 ®|
|2nd net||Brock Sinclair||Mountain Woods||72 ®|
|3rd gross||Julien Babineau||Fox Creek||76|
|3rd net||Miguel Babineau||Fox Creek|
|1st gross||Olivier Aucoin||Country Meadows/Fox Creek||74|
|1st net||Brady Wood||Country Meadow||62|
|2nd gross||Chase Burgess||Petitcodiac||84 ®|
|2nd net||Bryson Chambers||Petitcodiac||63|
|3rd gross||Ben Nicholson||Fredericton||84|
|3rd net||Cole MacPhee||Petitcodiac||66|
|1st gross||Dominic Poirier||Pine Needles||177 ®|
|1st net||Kevin Lee||Pine Needles||78|
|2nd gross||Zacharie Poirier||Pine Needles||balls|
|2nd net||Eric Duchesne||Pine Needles||balls|