Wednesday, December 02, 2015
Thank you for your continued patronage to Mountain Woods Golf Club. Your golf club has gone through, and will continue to go through, many upgrades. Since the golf course closed the following activities have been completed and started:
• All fairways and rough and been aerated.
• The trees between holes 6 and 16 have been limbed up and cleaned out.
• The bunkers on the old holes have begun their transformation. Most of the old mud/ sand has been removed and two of three planned renovations have been completed to these old traps. The bunkers on holes 11 (left), 13 (left) and 17 (front right) will be enlarged and work will be done to try to get the bunkers to drain water away from the putting surfaces.
• All of the putting greens have been sprayed for winter disease.
• With help from staff and members from your golf club as well as staff from our sister courses we covered and spread straw on seven of our putting greens. The following greens on the course have been covered for the winter. Hole 1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 12 and 17. The cost of this endeavor this year will be close to $10,000.
• I met with designer Rob LeBlanc from Dartmouth, N.S. and we discussed future improvements to some of the old golf greens. In particular we are looking to build a new green on hole #15 and possibly hole #10. Working drawings will also be completed for an improvement to our practice area by utilizing the land where the old first tee was located. This design will include a grass hitting area for the driving range, a large practice putting green as well as a chipping/ bunker practice area.
With many improvements already started and many more to come it is necessary to increase the rate of many of our membership categories. As many of you know the membership dues are used to get the golf course opened up each year and then we depend on public play/ tournaments to keep the club open the rest of the season. Please continue to encourage friends and family to join our fine club and should you or someone you know be conducting a golf tournament at another golf club rather than at Mountain Woods, please ask them to contact me regarding rates and availability. Tournaments are a very large part of our success and additional tournaments are needed to ensure our success in the future.
You can view and print our 2016 rates on our website http://mountainwoods.ca/golf/Membership_Rates and payment can be made via credit card over the phone or in person at the golf club. We will continue to have copies of the membership form available at the Professional shop for those who prefer to pick one up.
We wish all members and guests a happy and healthy holiday season and new year! I look forward to seeing most of you at the NGCOA golf expo or at our open house in the spring.
Yours Very Truly,
Greg Neate, Canadian PGA
Magnetic Hill Golf & Country Club Ltd.
DBA: Mountain Woods Golf Club
Mailing: RPO North End - Box 29119 - Moncton - NB - E1G 4R3
506-858-1611 ext #7 - cell 874-0434 - fax 858-8901